This year, the tours will visit six haunted homes and sites in downtown historic Leesburg, and we estimate each tour will cover eight blocks and last about 90 minutes. Here are a few reminders to help make your tour as enjoyable as possible.
- Dress for the weather. Tours continue even in rain. Wear comfortable walking shoes. On the tour, you’ll be walking on brick sidewalks and uneven terrain.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time to check in and gather with the rest of your tour group. The tours will leave promptly. If you miss your designated tour time, we will ask you to wait until the next tour with available spaces.
- Check-in for the walking tours is in the lobby of the Leesburg Town Hall at 25 West Market Street. The Town Hall is located one block west of the intersection of King and Market Street, next to the Tally Ho Theater.
- Parking is available in the garage next to the Town Hall; please use the Loudoun Street entrance to the garage.
- The tour will end at the Loudoun Museum at 16 Loudoun Street SW. The museum is located behind the Town Hall, and next to the parking garage.
- Reminder that the tour is not recommended for children under 10 years old. (It’s not that the stories are too scary, it’s that it’s a lot of standing and listening. Young children generally get tired and fidgety and it’s not fair to the other guests on the tours.)
- Infants and strollers are not permitted on the tours.
- Due to the their historic nature, many of the buildings on the Hauntings tour are not handicapped accessible. Please contact us for more specific information for each year’s accessibility.
- Tickets are non-refundable.